Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Super Secret Project Revealed!

I was working on a drawing for my boyfriend for his graduation gift, and it completely bombed.  I was so disappointed, and there was no Ctrl - Z that could fix it.  I had been mulling around trying to figure out what to do, and when I went to my art store to buy a new portfolio, I turned around and printmaking supplies hit me right in the face.  I have never owned any printmaking supplies, so I bought a roller, a cutter with five pieces, a small block (4" x 5.5") and some black ink.

Now the dilemma was what to do with them.  He loves history, ships, the army, and all things related.  So, I rested upon doing a cut of a ship in a bottle.  I used a photograph of one, traced it onto tracing paper, scanned it into the computer and flipped the image, and then transferred it to my linoleum block.  I finished the cutting within about 2.5 hours, much shorter than I expected.  Then I inked it up and after the 4th print, I was satisfied.  Making sure I had enough ink on the roller, and then making sure it is centered on the paper was the main issues.

Now the next thing is to make sure he likes it!

Linoleum block.

Here is the print that I'm giving to T.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! If this is your first lino since college, it's well done!! I promise to post more college items. We moved across country a few months ago and so I'm slowly digging out the art stuff. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete