Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Art Teacher.

It has been two months since I've been here.  Like I said in my last post, I worked so much and was gone from home about 12 hours a day, by the time I got home, I no longer had any energy.

But, things have changed.


I am now working as a middle school art teacher.

I have only taught 2 days so far, because of Hurricane Irene closing the schools.  Where I teach got hit pretty hard, twice as hard as where I live (which is only about 20 minutes away, strange right?).  Anyway, it's definitely interesting.  I love it so far, being around kids that love making art, and being around so much materials is crazy.  I'm working on my own drawing that I will be submitting in the Alumni Show at my alma mater.  It's a take on that onion I did this summer, drawing 18 of them on a paper in a grid formation.  (I'll post pictures later).

In the mean time, I'm making tons of lesson plans, figuring out what my Art Club kids are going to do, and just learning how to manage a classroom of 18-26 students ages 10-15.




No comments:

Post a Comment